Ontario College of Pharmacists
Our Canadian dispensing pharmacy is licensed and accredited with the Ontario College of Pharmacists and adheres to its high standards. All of our pharmacists are health professionals licensed and regulated by the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
We go to great lengths to ensure your medications are dispensed accurately, do not conflict with other medications you may be taking, and are delivered promptly to your door.
The dispensing pharmacy in Ontario Canada has been accredited, and is part of a regulated profession governed by the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
The OCP Pharmacist
Consider him or her to be a trusted member of your family’s health care team. Pharmacists are professionally trained individuals held to a high standard of practice. Your pharmacist has met the following standards before receiving their license to practice:
- At least four to five years of university-level pharmacy education
- Trained and qualified in all aspects of handling medications, including dispensing prescription and non-prescription medications, drug therapy and understanding drug interactions and side-effects
- Trained in the principles of good pharmaceutical care including patient counseling and care
- Aware of all health care and pharmacy laws governing pharmaceuticals, pharmacists roles and pharmacy operations
- Qualified to counsel patients in at least one of Ontario and Canada's official languages, English or French
- Successfully completed provincial and national examinations on pharmacy practice and applicable pharmacy laws and standards
- Maintain a continuing education program (portfolio) as well as participate in life-long quality assurance program
As an Ontario pharmacist with good standing, the pharmacist follows:
- All legal requirements necessary to operate as an Ontario health professional including professional conduct rules, patient care and confidentiality
- The Standards of Practice as set by the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- The Code of Ethics as set by the Ontario College of Pharmacists; and
- All legal requirements for practicing in and/or operating a pharmacy.